Video: Goals in top Euro league – LFC target ready for PL move?

first_imgAlexandre Pato appears to be on the verge of returning to Europe.The forward’s boss, the Corinthians president Robero de Andrade is said to have claimed “Liverpool await,” with a January transfer reported to be on the cards.Pato spent five years at Milan before joining Corinthians in his native Brazil in January 2013. He is currently on loan at Sao Paulo and has 10 league goals this season in 30 games, but rather than play as a central striker, as he had done during his time with Milan, the 26-year-old has been playing wide. “I like to have the ball and run at defenders,” he has said and it is surely a matter of time before we see Pato back in Europe.He has the quality and experience of playing in one of the best leagues on the Continent, winning the Italian title in 2011 and scoring 51 goals in 117 Serie A games.Watch his goals for the Italian side in the video above.last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bad news for Joe Hart? Pep Guardiola plotting move for Inter Milan goalkeeper

first_img1 Pep Guardiola wants to bring Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic to Manchester City when he takes over, claim the Italian press.It was announced earlier this month that the Spaniard would be replacing Manuel Pellegrini at the Etihad in the summer after three years with Bayern Munich.Guardiola’s arrival is expected to cause a spending spree by City as they look to bolster their squad.And, according to Corriere dello Sport, Handanovic is high on the club’s summer shopping list.City have reportedly sent scouts to watch the Slovenian in action and are considering submitting an offer.Handanovic is said to be happy at the San Siro but if Inter fail to reach the Champions League this season that stance may change. Samir Handanovic last_img

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Sanchez’s bill easily passes

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Under the Bush administration, the Department of Justice has limited payments, stipulating that states and localities can only be reimbursed for the cost of incarcerating criminal undocumented residents if the person is eventually convicted of a crime, Sanchez said. That makes many of the costs associated with pre-trial detention ineligible for reimbursement. DEADLINE NEARING: Tuesday is the deadline to request absentee ballots for the Nov. 6 election. Absentee ballots may be requested by filling out the vote-by-mail application on the back cover of the sample ballot booklet or by letter addressed to the Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, Absentee Voter Section, P.O. Box 30450, Los Angeles, CA 90030-0450. You can also go to the Registrar-Recorder’s Office Web site, www.lavote.net, click on the absentee voting page and fill out an absentee ballot application online or go in person to the office, 12400 Imperial Highway, third floor, Room 3002, Norwalk. LUNCH WITH POLITICIANS: The Whittier Boys & Girls Club is more than $5,000 wealthier thanks to Rep. Linda Sanchez, D-Lakewood, and Assemblyman Charles Calderon, D-Industry, said Samantha Ridout, its executive director. Each auctioned off lunches with themselves and a tour of the state Capitol. Calderon’s deal even included airfare to Sacramento. EDUCATION BRIEFING: Assemblyman Bob Huff, R-Diamond Bar, will provide an update on education issues in the state Legislature from 6-8 p.m. Monday at the Yorba Linda Education Center, 4999 Casa Loma Ave., Yorba Linda. For information, call Huff’s office at (909) 860-5560. REPUBLICAN MEETING: Retired Lt. Col. Robert “Buzz” Patterson, vice chairman for Move America Forward, will speak at the 11 a.m. Nov. 2 meeting of the Whittier Republican Women Federated. The club meets at the Friendly Hills Country Club, 8500 S. Villaverde Drive, Whittier. For reservations, call Carole Gardner at (626) 968-2125. Cost is $17. ANTI-GANG MEETING: Assemblyman Tony Mendoza, D-Norwalk, will hold a “Plain Talk for Parents” meeting from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 3 at the Artesia High School gymnasium, 12108 Del Amo Blvd., Lakewood. Information will be given to empower parents to help their teens resist the temptation of getting involved with the wrong crowd or experimenting with drugs. Mail items for It’s Politics to the Whittier Daily News, P.O. Box 581, Whittier, CA 90608; fax (562) 698-0450; phone (562) 698-0955; or e-mail mike.sprague@sgvn.com ——— IT’S POLITICS160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Editor’s note: It’s Politics reports Saturdays on the ins and outs of Whittier-area politics and city government. The House Judiciary Committee has unanimously passed Rep. Linda Sanchez’s bill to allow states and localities to be reimbursed for some of the costs of incarcerating criminal undocumented residents before and during trial. “States and counties shouldn’t have to shoulder the financial burden of incarcerating criminal aliens because of failures in the federal government’s border policy,” said Sanchez, D-Lakewood. “\ will give states and localities more opportunities for reimbursement from the federal government so they aren’t forced to release suspects early just because they can’t afford to keep them in custody.” last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CHEF CONRAD SHAMED INTO PAYING MIGRANT WORKER’S WAGES

first_imgMIGRANT worker Rishi Mohiputlall was finally paid wages due to him for over a year by celebrity chef Conrad Gallagher today.The Letterkenny man paid up €1,400 after a public action outside his restaurant Salon des Saveurs on Aungier St. was postponed last Friday lunchtime.Mr Mohiputlall, from Mauritius, worked in Gallagher’s restaurant for a period in 2010, and had still not been paid. Following numerous attempts to retrieve his wages, including an official complaint to the Labour Relations Commission, Mr Mohiputlall decided to go public on the issue.Last Friday’s action was organised by the Restaurant and Catering Workers Forum, established by SIPTU and Migrant Rights Centre Ireland (MRCI), to support Mr Mohiputlall in trying to obtain his wages and to draw public attention to such practices in the restaurant industry.Reacting to the news that Mr Gallagher had transferred wages owed in full to the worker’s account, Mr Mohiputlall said: “I am very happy to finally have received the money I was owed, but I believe it shouldn’t be so difficult to simply get paid your wages. I was very grateful for the support of fellow workers in the Restaurant and Catering Workers Forum.“If workers stand together and support each other, it’s good for all of us and we can stop these types of abuses. These are tough times for low-paid workers and we need to take a stand together.” Ms Helen Lowry of MRCI told donegaldaily.com: “We are delighted for Rishi that he has finally been paid, however we believe that it should not take over a year of repeated attempts, a legal case at the LRC, and finally the threat of public denunciation to ensure that employers pay their staff their wages.“This is not an isolated incident – our experience shows that non-compliance in the restaurant industry continues to be a real problem, and must be addressed. This can be done by workers organising collectively for change, joining a trade union, and reporting abuses to the authorities.”According to Pat Ward of SIPTU: “This experience shows that, now more than ever, we must ensure protections remain in place for low-paid workers who need them most.“The Restaurant Association of Ireland, who has led recent attacks on workers’ wages and conditions, should spend more of its time trying to get restaurants to comply with existing labour law rather than cut workers’ wages.’ The Restaurant and Catering Workers Forum believes that a successful industry is possible while providing fair and decent conditions for workers.”CHEF CONRAD SHAMED INTO PAYING MIGRANT WORKER’S WAGES was last modified: July 5th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Conrad GallagherMigrant RightsMRCIunpaid wageslast_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

PLANNING GRANTED FOR NEW HOTEL IN LIFFORD

first_imgPermission has been granted for a new hotel in Lifford.LiffordDonegal County Council gave the go-ahead for what will be the town’s only hotel on the site of the old ‘Inter County Hotel.’A previous application for a 21 bedroom hotel had been rejected by county planners on a number of different grounds.It is understood that well-known local businessman Austin Daly is behind the venture.PLANNING GRANTED FOR NEW HOTEL IN LIFFORD was last modified: July 3rd, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalhotelLiffordlast_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

REVIEW AFTER DONEGAL FARMERS REFUSED BENEFITS WIN APPEALS

first_imgDeputy PringleTHE Department of Social Protection has promised a review after 16 Donegal farmers refused benefits were later given them after an appeal.Donegal TD Thomas Pringle raised the issue in the Dáil with Minister Joan Burton who indicated a review will be carried out within her Department.The anomalies came to the attention of the Deputy when part-time farmers across Donegal from Gleann Cholmcille to Donegal Town were consistently refused Farm Assist and Jobseekers’ Benefit but were awarded payments in the appeal process. “Personally, I have dealt with 17 different appeals cases after part-time farmers came to me wondering why they were refused in the first place,” said Pringle.“All bar one have been upheld as the individual having an entitlement to Jobseekers or Farm Assist. That means something is clearly wrong in the Department but it is particularly worrying as Donegal has the second highest number of Farm Assist recipients in the country. This payment is very important for farmers here’ says Pringle.“After dealing with each case, a pattern emerged and I realised these people were wrongly labelled as self-employed at first contact with their local office, even though they are not self-employed.“I raised this with Minister Burton as an urgent matter and while she indicated that the policy has not changed, they are in the process of issuing guideline to Deciding Officers providing greater clarity in relation to who is entitled to Jobseekers’ and Farm Assist” says Pringle. “While I welcome any review, I do feel that too many people have missed out on vital income supports because of this mislabelling. Most were awarded the payment upon appeal but some farmers were seriously struggling as a result.“I wonder how many other farmers have been refused but are unaware they were affected by these anomalies” concludes Pringle. REVIEW AFTER DONEGAL FARMERS REFUSED BENEFITS WIN APPEALS was last modified: November 26th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Leeds director Edoardo Cellino charged by FA over offensive comments to fan

first_img1 Leeds director Edoardo Cellino has been charged by the Football Association for comments he made on social media.The son of controversial Leeds owner Massimo Cellino reportedly became involved in an abusive row with a fan on Facebook.The FA said Edoardo Cellino’s charge includes an “aggravated breach” as his comments included a reference to disability.“It is alleged the comments were abusive and/or insulting and/or improper in contravention of rule E3(1),” an FA statement read.“It is further alleged that this breach of rule E3(1) is an ‘aggravated breach’ as defined in rule E3(2), as it includes a reference to disability.”Edoardo Cellino, who later apologised for his comments, has until Monday to respond to the charges.last_img

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

West Ham plot stunning summer deals with Batshuayi, Benteke AND Walcott lined up

first_imgWest Ham are plotting a sensational summer of transfer business.The Hammers will move to the Olympic Stadium at the end of the season and have already sold in excess of 50,000 season tickets.The huge income boost from the switch will result in extra funds for manager Slaven Bilic, with a host of top targets already lined up.According to Tuesday’s newspapers, Theo Walcott leads the Croatian’s summer shopping list.The winger has struggled for game time at Arsenal this season after returning from a long injury absence.He is now preparing to leave the Emirates and, according to The Sun, is ready to snub interest from Chelsea to link up with Bilic at West Ham.Arsenal are said to be willing to let Walcott end his ten-year stay in north London if they receive a fee of around £20million.West Ham are also understood to have tabled a £24m bid for Marseille’s prolific frontman Michy Batshuayi.Batshuayi is a former teammate of Dimitri Payet’s at the French club and the Hammers are hoping to fend off Spurs to secure his signature.Another target for the east London club is Liverpool’s Christian Benteke.The striker, an international teammate of Batshuayi’s, has been a big disappointment for Liverpool since his £32.5m move from Aston Villa last summer.But Bilic remains a big fan of the powerful hitman and the Daily Mirror claims West Ham will launch a £25m move for him this week. 1 Christian Benteke, Michy Batshuayi and Theo Walcott last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

A video Juventus fans will not get bored of watching!

first_imgHe’s 38 years old, but Gianluigi Buffon has had one of his most memorable seasons.The Juventus goalkeeper set a record of 973 minutes in Serie A without conceding a goal and kept 21 clean sheets as the club recovered from a poor start to storm up the table and win another league title.There were also a host of wonderful saves and fans have certainly loved their captain this season as they voted him their Player of the Year (MVP) for the 2015/16 campaign.In addition, Buffon signed a new contract to keep him at the club until 2018.last_img

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Dutch legend: This Everton player will benefit if Frank de Boer is named boss

first_img1 John Stones is the same type of ball-playing defender that Frank de Boer was at his peak Ronald de Boer believes his brother Frank would be the ideal coach to inspire Everton’s John Stones to reach his potential.For all of his ability in possession, Stones has been criticised this season for some costly lapses in defence.He remains at the centre of a wider debate over whether his footballing instincts should be nurtured or if he should instead be instructed to kick the ball long.Everton’s unreliable defence was a major factor in the team’s struggles that culminated in the sacking of manager Roberto Martinez, creating the managerial vacancy that Frank de Boer – until recently at Ajax – has been linked with.At his peak, the Dutchman was a classy central defender known for his passing ability, essentially similar to Stones.Having played alongside Frank for much of his career, twin brother Ronald knows how he would shape Stones, and is convinced the England international would thrive under him.“Frank was a type like Stones,” said De Boer, 46. “My brother never kicked the ball in the stands: never did it in his life, always trying to have a solution.“Stones is the same and that is why he sometimes makes mistakes but that is also why people like him. Frank can help him to get better, with his 112 caps and so many trophies.“If I see what (Frank) did also already with the youngsters like Kenny Tete and (Jairo) Riedewald at 19 years old, and (Mitchell) Dijks, (Joel) Veltman, all four of them are full internationals.“Frank would never choose a player who’s just defending, he would like to have a guy like Stones. Frank gets crazy if somebody kicks the ball out.”The concern remains that, at a time when the Football Association is trying to encourage a more possession-based style of football and to develop young English players’ technique, the wrong manager would inhibit Stones’ cultured instincts.Ronald de Boer recognises Stones’ talent requires polishing but he is adamant it would be a mistake to change his game, believing he would be more appreciated on the continent.“He has to realise when to take risks or not, but you must never take away his qualities,” he said. “People like him because of what he did. If he now changes his game, he wouldn’t be that special, because he can defend, but what makes him so exciting is that he can play from the back.last_img read more

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,